- Full-time - 12 month Max term
- Location: Sale
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The ParentsNext program is looking for a dynamic Parent Pathway Support Worker to support our high quality pre-employment program. Based in Sale, this outcome-focused role is responsible for engaging positively with parents in order to assist them to identify their goals and support them on their pathway to achieving these goals. Supporting parents in their transition to education and/or employment may include referrals to community services, facilitating group activities and engaging parents with specialist activities to assist them to achieve their individual goals. Some travel across the region will be required.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with participants to identify activities that will help them to reach their education and employment goals
- Maintain regular contact with parents to provide comprehensive pre-employment support
- Liaise with stakeholders such as Services Australia, education and vocational training providers, community services, and employers
- Undertake reviews of plans and respond to any changing requirements
- Manage daily administration tasks such as appointments, data entry, and case notes
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety compliance requirements
The successful applicant will ideally have
- Passion to engage with parents to help them identify and reach their education and employment goals
- Ability to build rapport and motivate parents
- Experience in Family Services, Employment Services or the employment industry
- Demonstrated experience working with families with multiple and complex needs
- Ability to network and keep up to date with local services that can assist participants with addressing barriers to employment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable the fostering of strong networks both within Mission Australia and within the community
- Exceptional time management, administrative and computer literacy skills
- Focus and ability to deliver high performance KPIs
- Flexibility to travel across the region as required
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the position description: PN Pathway Support Worker PD.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received, please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.