Tailored Support Coordination Service: Youth Coordinator
Job no: 990454
Work type: Permanent (Part Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Permanent Part Time- 3 days per week – 22.8 hours.
- Location: Coffs Harbour
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Mission Australia have completed construction of the 40 apartment project on Duke Street, Coffs Harbour. The apartments provide a safe, secure place to call home for 40 individuals including one floor dedicated to Mission Australia housing tenants aged 18-24 years.
To support our young Mission Australia housing tenants we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Youth Coordinator. The TSCS Youth Coordinator will work with our young tenants, providing them with the support and skills necessary to ensure they meet their goals and milestones. The role is permanent part time working three days per week.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with clients to create holistic and strength-based individualised support plans utilising SMART goals.
- Refer clients to suitable services and liaise with relevant services to assist clients with support plans
- Provide coaching and support to clients to help them to sustain their tenancy
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence, or other services
- Work collaboratively with MA Housing staff and participate in joint tenant meetings.
- Build and maintain positive internal and external relationships
- As required undertake community-based activities in line with contractual funding requirements that aim to benefit clients and the community
- Complete a range of administration tasks including case records and service plans, statistics and outcomes ensuring compliance with service standards.
Requirements for Success
- Relevant degree with at least 1 years’ experience or associate diploma with substantial industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialised supports to a range of young people
- Experience and ability to build rapport with clients with complex support needs
- Demonstrated professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and building strong, respectful and robust relationships.
- Established relationships within the service sector preferred
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including highly developed administrative skills
- Evidence of Covid 19 Vaccination
- Current Open Drivers Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a National Police History Check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description Duke St Youth TSCS Coordinator PD March 22.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.