Student Support Coordinator
Job no: 990451
Work type: Permanent (Part Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Permanent Part Time - 22.8hours
- 3 days per week - Tuesday, Wed, Thursday
- Located in Surry Hills
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Our Creative Youth Initiatives is a strengths-based service that offers young people aged 16-25 the opportunity to engage in TAFE accredited creative programs whilst being provided with personally tailored social support. It offers two full time core programs, Artworks & Sounds of the Street (SOTS) as well as a support service (case management, goal setting, counselling, referral and exit planning) to provide the young person the best chance for them to learn creative skills and learn how to address their social, emotional, physical, spiritual and mental wellbeing needs.
Coordinate and support students in CYI creative programs by active liaison between participants and creative staff, informal counselling and support, and ongoing monitoring and documentation of students’ progress and development. (A copy of the position description is provided below).
Your Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Actively source students for participation in the program and undertake initial assessments
- Induct students into CYI program by completing paperwork, briefings, site and service rules and information
- Work in conjunction with Program Manager to prepare information and materials for tender submissions and reports and intake student feedbacks for continuous improvement
- Contribute on the ongoing promotion of the services including attendance at media briefings and events
- Undertake other administrative tasks like timely processing invoices, participating in WHS process including SWP developments review and risk management
Requirements for success
- Tertiary Qualifications in Social Work or related discipline
- Case management experience working with young people with complex needs and issues
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the CYI Student Support Coordinator- Position Description- June 22.docx and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.