Youth Employment Specialist
Job no: 990437
Work type: Permanent (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Full Time
- Location: Nerang, Queensland
- Salary $69,000 + super with salary packaging
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Mission Australia Transition to Work Program
Mission Australia is delighted to announce we have been awarded the contract to provide Transition to Work across 3 regions. This highly successful program is life changing; by helping young people aged between 15 to 24 transition to work or ongoing education. The program has a strong focus on providing support to those who have left school early, or who are having difficulty finding work after school, and helping them to develop the skills and confidence they need to move into work or ongoing education
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the National Principals for Child Safe Organisations
- Contribute to the successful development of the program through:
Work closely with the participants to agree and implement an appropriate action plan in accordance with the Job Plan
Shortlisting for vacancies, scheduling interviews and conducting reference checks
Supporting and monitoring the participants by maintain contact with them for the first 13 weeks of employment or education
Foster a child and youth safe service environment
- Conducting assessments to ascertain vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment
- Assist with reviewing job plans for the participants
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external service providers to assist with suitable initiatives for the participants
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualified or Diploma in a relevant field would be an advantage
- Experience in Youth Services, Jobactive Services or case management would be desirable
- Experience in working with vulnerable people / and or young people
- Flexibility to travel across regions as required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficient in MS Office packages and other operating systems
- Evidence of full Covid 19 vaccination.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications, and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people and and have (or create) a myGovID account.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia. If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description Youth Employment Specialist PD_220328_Final.pdf and click “Apply now” and we will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.