- Fixed Term Part time contract – 6 months /22.5 hours per week
- Located in the Northern Sydney region| Homelessness Services
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
This program is a key initiative to support the Premier’s Priority to halve street homelessness by 2025. Its key aim is to transition people onto a trajectory away from homelessness and into long-term, stable housing, whilst improving overall personal wellbeing. The provision of housing and support through the program aims to address people’s support needs, build individual capability and capacity, and foster connections to community.
You will provide assistance to clients through individualized and holistic client centered support to explore housing options, financial stability, mental health/AOD supports and referral to other appropriate services where required. You will be passionate about ensuring clients are able to remain in safe and affordable housing whilst ensuring they are connected to supports within the Community for ongoing independence and stability.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the program and conduct over-the-phone and formal face-to-face assessments
- Undertake initial registrations for clients, including all necessary paperwork and application forms
- Induct clients into the program.Work with Clients to create holistic and strength-based individualised support plans utilising SMART goals including referral to supplementary services as needed.
- Provide specialist advice and share knowledge of local networks and ‘best practice’ with other team member’s
Requirements for Success
- Previous experience working with those who are homeless/vulnerable/at risk
- Relevant degree with at least 1 years’ experience (e.g. relevant four-year degree with at least 1 years’ experience or relevant three-year degree with two years of relevant experience).
- Alternatively, employee may hold an associate diploma with relevant experience, a less formal qualification with substantial years of relevant experience or equivalent expertise gained through previous industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialised or complex therapeutic interventions and manage a caseload of complex Clients.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including highly developed administrative skills and the ability to provide support to management of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries.
- A positive and person-centred approach with a strong guiding belief about everyone’s capacity to self-right and grow within and beyond their current circumstances.
- Covid vaccination is mandatory.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Case Manager Level 4_Brookvale.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.