Central Australia Chaplain – Alice Springs
Job no: 990396
Work type: Permanent (Part Time)
- Permanent part-time, one day per week
- Location: Alice Springs
- Pastoral care for Mission Australia employees
- Possibility to combine with Community Chaplaincy role
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As Central Australia Chaplain, you will be responsible for providing pastoral care to Mission Australia staff, who are from all walks of life and varied cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds. This role will be based from our office in Alice Springs.
Mission Australia is also seeking an Alice Springs Community Chaplain: Careers | Mission Australia (3-5 days per week), and will consider applicants interested in fulfilling both roles (4-5 days per week combined).
- Provide confidential pastoral care and support to employees – a shared pool car will be available for travel between sites
- Proactively network with internal stakeholders including Area and Service Managers and employees to build awareness of staff chaplaincy supports
- Collaborate with the Alice Springs Community Chaplain as they develop and maintain relationships across Christian communities
- Actively support and reflect Mission Australia's purpose and values.
Requirements for Success
- An experienced Chaplain or Ordained Minister in good standing with your denomination
- Theological and chaplaincy/Clinical Pastoral Education qualifications
- Strong people skills with a passion for and commitment to pastoral care
- Ongoing commitment to personal spiritual growth and active member of a local church
- Intermediate technology and administration skills, including Office 365
- A current Driver's Licence with no restrictions
- Evidence of full Covid 19 vaccination
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Access to free external, confidential counselling.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.