Admin Officer - Meekathara
Job no: 990360
Work type: Max Term (Part Time)
- Part time 6 month contract
- Location: Meekathara
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Administration Officer role will support the busy office in Meekathara. You will manage and complete a range of administrative tasks that are essential to the efficient running of services, including providing the first point of contact for vulnerable people who are accessing our support services, maintaining accurate data entry and supporting out teams to ensure delivery of contractual outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive experience for all people engaging with our services
- Conduct a range of administration tasks including but not limited to management of calendars, meeting minute taking and recording, data entry, responding to correspondence from clients and other office duties.
- Highly professional and courteous, verbal and written communication that is aligned with the Mission Australia Code of Conduct.
- Assist in the coordination of financial processes for the region including preparation of budget information, journal entries and use of the financial system.
Requirements for Success
- Certificate in Community Services or other appropriate qualification, or minimum two years prior experience in community services.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Applications and strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to demonstrate a positive and approachable manner.
- The ability to build rapport with services, staff and clients while maintaining appropriate job role boundaries.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your work and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to provide evidence of COVID-19 Vaccinations
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are being processed as they are received.
Please apply as soon as possible so as not to miss out!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.