- Full time, 12 month contract
- Location: Yarrabah
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Circles of Care works with children at Yarrabah State School, bringing together a supportive network to help families and the school work together so that children achieve positive learning and wellbeing outcomes. Circles of Care helps families to build trusting and supportive relationships with teachers and schools, and to support their child's learning and development at home. We also link schools to additional supports and services capable of providing additional support for children with specific needs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate student groups
- Assist in the identification of at risk children within the school
- Identify barriers that effect families to access services
- Produce regular reports to be presented to the Program Manager
- Contribute to the development of culturally appropriate community engagement strategies
- Initiate, establish and maintain relationships with key community members and services
Requirements for Success
- Experience working with clients from a variety of different backgrounds including people from Indigenous communities
- Experience in implementing therapeutic interventions with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and a solid knowledge of their societies and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialised interventions and manage a caseload of complex clients
- Strong listening and engagement skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to present information and complete comprehensive case notes
- Strong organisational skills and computer literacy
- A positive team player who looks for ways to improve current work practices and processes.
- A professional approach to the role with the ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Evidence of full Covid 19 vaccination
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.