- Max Term 12 month | Full Time role
- Location: Working from Home |Hybrid work arrangement
- Flexible State Location
- Salary $110,000 + Super with salary packaging benefits
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Our People and Culture team provide guidance and support on all aspects of employee lifecycle ensuring all employees enjoy a supportive, harmonious workplace environment at Mission Australia.
The IRBP team respond to complex enquires from services around Australia regarding provisions in our Enterprise Agreement and supporting an environment containing vulnerable people at risk. Your role as the IRBP will be to act in a BAU capacicy as well as lend your hand to supporting industrial relations projects. This role is offering a 12 month contract on a full time basis.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide specialist coaching, guidance and advice in relation to interpretation and allocation of industrial matters
- Conduct formal investigations in response to workplace misconduct and/or grievances
- Act as a key contact and representative for discussions, negotiations and hearings with Unions, State and Federal based Tribunals and Commissions and the Fair Work Ombudsman
- MA Policy and procedure development or enhancement of documents with ER/IR complexity
- Stream lead on ER/IR related projects or organisational change initiatives
- Risks of out-dated ER/IR legislation in HR policy and procedures is identified and updated
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualification in Employment Law, Human Resources, Employment Relations or related discipline
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Agreement/Award interpretation
- Proven experience in a similar specialist ER / IR role
- Sound coaching and facilitation skills across the business
- Passion for driving positive change in an ever-changing environment
- Covid vaccination is mandatory
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Industrial Relations Business Partner.pdf
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please do not wait to apply.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.