Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As the Family and Domestic Violence Outreach Case Manager you will provide effective case management and face to face counselling to individual clients with Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) issues and provide group therapy and education to the community as required. This role with work in conjunction with WA Police and Child Protection Officers and will support and increase the safety of people experiencing family violence. You will be non-judgemental and have the ability to show compassion and empathy whilst employing professional boundaries.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to incidents of reported family violence in Karratha as well as provide outreach to outlying and remote communities
- Work with officers from WA Police, the Department of Communities and other external agencies to adopt a coordinated response to local referrals
- Conduct risk assessments and safety planning to manage identified safety concerns and increase wellbeing
- Provide advocacy, referral, information, support and case management to families experiencing violence
- Work collaboratively to raise community awareness of family violence
Requirements for Success
- Prior experience in engaging with and supporting people who experience family violence
- Ideally, a formal qualification in social work, health, human services or other social science discipline but not essential
- Experience engaging with and adopting a woman focused and child-safe approach
- Experience and skills in risk assessment, safety planning, case management, counselling, referral and/or advocacy
- Experience working within a regional or remote community
- Ability to network and develop effective working relationships at all levels of community
- You are compassionate, empathetic, and patient and have a positive attitude
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check. In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- You will have a work phone, laptop and car
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
For more information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia
Or feel free to view the Position Description: FDV Outreach Case Manager - Karratha.pdf
Applications will be progressed as they are received so please do not wait to apply!
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.