Administration Officer – Part time - Innisfail
Job no: 988439
Work type: Permanent (Part Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Permanent Part Time, 2 days a week (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- Location: Innisfail
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As a community partner of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Mission Australia plays a pivotal role in the roll out of the scheme, ensuring planning, coordination and capacity building support is provided for people with a disability to maximise their choice, inclusion and control over the services they receive to live an ordinary life. Administration Officers support these teams by ensuring the efficient running of the service across their respective regional areas, providing a range of administrative support functions
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Welcoming visitors to the office and answering and directing phone calls
- Updating databases and record keeping for the office
- Typing general communications and email correspondence
- Ordering stationary and general supplies for the office
- Coordination of internal OH&S requirements
- Oversea fleet management and the arrangement of travel
- Providing administrative support to the LAC and ECEI programs
Requirements for Success
- Strong prior administrative skills and experience ideally gained from the Community services sector
- Customer service focused with a positive and approachable disposition
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong skills in planning and prioritising your workload
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced MS Office skills
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.