Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As the Administration Officer you will be the face of Mission Australia, greeting clients in the office and also over the phone. You will get involved in a range of administrative tasks and projects, contributing invaluable support to Case Workers and Program Managers and our customers & participants.
This role requires the successful person to be flexible in their approach to administrative tasks and will be based primarily from our Morley Office with frequent travel to each of our 6 LAC sites in Perth including; Morley, Mirrabooka, Midland, Subiaco, Bentley and Cloverdale.
Your key responsibilities will to:
- Provide high level administrative support to the Management Team including; diary management, organising meetings, travel arrangements, project support
- Managing the front office and reception area with professionalism and efficiency
- Including taking phone calls, responding to queries, managing guests
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders on behalf of the service
- Manage filing of documentation and prepare reports professionally, in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc administrative support to Program staff
- Manage accounts payable, petty cash and office stationary as necessary
Requirements for Success
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative role providing general administration support to a Manager and a team of employees
- Demonstrated experience working with financial systems including petty cash and accounts payable
- High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office packages including Excel
- A high level of organisational ability, attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with clients from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Strong customer focus and apply initiative and problem solve when managing reception
- Experience in, or dedicated willingness to work in a remote location and passionate about networking and becoming involved in the local community
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check if you haven’t completed one in the last 12 months.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com or phone 08 9182 3600.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description: Administration Officer - Non people leader position description.pdf
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.