- Part-time 22.8 hours per week | Max term 6 month contract
- Location: Launceston
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
In this rewarding career opportunity you will provide support within a managed case plan to families at risk; to promote the safety, stability and well-being of vulnerable children, young people and their families. You will build child, family and community capacity and resilience.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Engage with families and work together to develop effective plans for long-term positive outcomes
- Providing therapeutic intervention to support case plans
- Actively work with families to identify goals that will promote safety, well-being and belonging for their children
- Engage families in their homes and at other suitable locations to actively and proactively overcome barriers to engagement
- Undertaking case management including reviews, reporting and administration functions
- Create and update individualised case management files for all clients
- Coordinate and participate in stakeholder meetings with other services and clients
Requirements for success
- A degree or qualification in Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology or another relevant field
- Experience in the Case Management of families facing multiple and complex challenges such as mental health, disability and domestic and family violence is desirable
- Strong administration skills – reporting, case notes and general documentation
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing ability – able to relate to children, parents and other service providers
- The ability to form partnerships and connections with other professionals and organisations
- Demonstrated capacity to manage time effectively while managing a caseload of complex clients including the ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality
- A sound level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and client case management systems
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. We’re committed to the safety and well-being of each other and the people we serve. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Family Support Worker.docx
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence immediately. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.