- Part-time 22.8 hours per week | Max term 3.5 year contract
- Location: Devonport
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
In this rewarding career opportunity you will establish and Informal Kinship Care Pilot Program to enhance access to support and advice for informal kinship carers consistent with the recommendations of the Informal Kinship Review and goals outlined in the Tasmanian Child and Youth Wellbeing Framework.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Act as a key service contact point for all informal kinship carers in North and North West Tasmania
- Coordinate cases and provide advice, support and referrals to assist informal kinship carers to navigate the service system
- Support the delivery of community campaigns to remove stigma and normalise informal kinship care
- Respond to referrals of participants from ARL Intake or the broader community within set timeframes
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program staff statewide.
- Develop strong relationships with key external stakeholders, including Kin Raising Kids and other specialist providers.
Requirements for success
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science or a minimum of six years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in engaging and working therapeutically with children and families
- An understanding of formal and informal kinship care sectors in the Tasmanian Context
- Contemporary understanding of relevant legislation and Government reviews of relevant services
- Lived experience of providing informal kinship care to children (preferred)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. We’re committed to the safety and well-being of each other and the people we serve. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia. Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Informal Kinship Care Coordinator.docx
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence immediately. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.