Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As the State Chaplain, you will be responsible for providing general pastoral care to Mission Australia staff & clientele, who are from all walks of life and include youth and young adults from various cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds. This role will be based from our National Office in Sydney and will required you to travel to various sites in across Sydney.
- Provide pastoral care and support to employees and clients through regular face to face and electronic contact – there will be a business car provided for travel purposes
- Deliver organisational support and contribute to the development of the chaplaincy function by looking for opportunities for program/service development and sharing these with management
- Develop relationships by proactively establishing a network with internal stakeholders such as the State Leadership Team, Service Managers and employees to build awareness of chaplaincy support and function. Externally, to support and build partnerships with Churches who support our work
- Actively support and reflect Mission Australia's purpose and values
Requirements for Success
- Be an experienced Chaplain or an Ordained Minister and possess good standing with their denomination
- Theological or chaplaincy qualifications, completed CPE or its equivalent as highly regarded
- Experience working in a similar role and capacity to work with vulnerable people
- A good working knowledge of technology use and administration skills
- Basic to Intermediate Microsoft Suite user skills
- A current Driver's Licence with no restrictions
Before commencing work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description: Chaplain Nov 2021.pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be processed as they are received so please do not wait to apply!
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.