- Part time 4 days per week, contract until 30th of June 2023
- 2 position based in Hornsby or Artarmon offices, working across Northern Sydney
- Non-Clinical Mental Health Service
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
This program supports individuals living with complex mental illness, who require non-clinical case management supports and psychosocial interventions.
Working within a recovery framework, the service supports individuals to achieve their recovery goals by providing non-clinical services to support them to manage their recovery journey, maintain their housing, manage their finances and daily living activities, engage in work or training, and maintain their physical and social wellbeing.
You will deliver support to clients based on the knowledge, skills and values derived from personally overcoming the impacts of adversity (mental illness, homeless, drug and alcohol use etc).
You will be passionate about positively influencing clients in their mental health recovery journey.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide practical support to clients, through sharing personal experiences of overcoming adversity and role modelling positive wellbeing strategies
- Provide support to clients by supporting them to participate in program activities, complete living tasks and/or participate in wellbeing initiatives
- Support clients in researching and accessing information about their local community initiatives and activities that may assist their recovery
- Engage with clients that provide opportunities and encourages people to participate in new social opportunities and experiences
- Provide clients with information and resources about recovery, lived expertise narratives and peer networks
- Work as part of the team to provide clients with information and resources that assists their understanding of their rights and responsibilities of accessing services and supports
- Complete, as required, initial registrations for clients, including all necessary paperwork
- Under supervision, document the lived expertise support
Requirements for success
- Related education or 2 years of direct lived expertise work without formal qualifications (paid or volunteer), and completion of relevant training to the lived experience role
- Able to articulate personal efforts in overcoming adversity from a lived expertise framework
- Professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries
- Able to model recovery principles within their own life. (e.g. sense of hope, personal control, connectedness, active sense of self and discovery)
- High level of self-awareness and ability to manage conflict
- Strong interpersonal skills with the knowledge of a clients rights to dignity and confidentiality
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close midnight the 12th of December 2021. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.