People Assist Officer
- Full Time Fixed Term Contract to 30th June 2022
- Location: Flexible with City and State!
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
This position is responsible for the creation of employment documentation as required, provide administrative assistance and advisory support throughout the employment life cycle and assistance with compliance checks.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare employment contracts for new staff and variation contracts for existing staff across all of Mission Australia.
- Ensure new starter pack documentation is kept up to date at all times.
- Manage incoming HR generalist related calls and queries and triage complex queries to the relevant stakeholders.
Requirements for Success
- Previous experience working in an HR team is desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Well-developed writing, reading and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working in an administrative role
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description People Assist Officer - PD.docx and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.