- Permanent part time | 15.2 hours per week -Monday & Tuesday Ideal!
- Located in Robertson - Triple Care Farm
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Triple Care Farm is located on 110 acres in the NSW Southern Highlands and accepts referrals from young people Australia wide.
We provide assessment, treatment and intervention for young people between the ages of 16-24 participating in the residential rehabilitation and treatment program. The withdrawal program supports young people for up to 28 days, providing supervised withdrawal and a range of holistic supports and therapies
You will be engaging with young people and their family to provide information and promote the services provided by Triple Care Farm.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Review incoming enquiries and applications for admission to the programs
- Liaise with relevant parties to gain information to assess admission suitability
- Book in initial assessments, co-ordinate staff to complete assessments
- Confirm commencement of program with young people and relevant stakeholders
- Complete participant files for all new clients and maintain accurate record keeping
- Complete the admissions process for client commencing the program
- Actively participate in regular supervision sessions to ensure quality of practice
- Submit completed monthly statistics along with any other relevant information
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Social Work, Diploma Youth Work, Diploma Community Services)
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues and needs of the service users
- Extensive experience working in the specialised AOD service sector
- Proven experience in case management and networking with other agencies
- Holds a current First Aid Certificate
- A current NSW driver’s license
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Intake Support Worker - Non People Leader PD 2020.docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.