- Full time - Perm position - Pivotal role supporting students to reach their goals
- Location: Robertson NSW | Triple Care Farm
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Triple Care Farm is a residential rehabilitation and treatment program to help young people aged 16-24 to manage their withdrawal and recovery from alcohol and other drug use.
We are seeking a Trainer with a broad range of skills and experience in education, woodwork, fork lift licence or other trades that may be useful for the young people on site to learn.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead education/training sessions with the youth either in a trade setting or education
- Utilise your knowledge and experience to connect with the young people and find their interests while also setting appropriate boundaries
- Supervise and support residents to achieve their casework goals
- Assist students in developing positive work attitude and habits (arriving on time etc.)
- Ensure students maintain acceptable standards of conduct with the program’s rules
- Maintenance of Log and Communication Books as described in the Policy and Procedure
- Conduct theory based education and training session that may include:
- Woodwork Skills Development
- Metal Work Skills Development
- Horticulture and landscaping.
- Living skills including food handling, cooking and nutrition
- Literacy and Numeracy Training
Requirements for Success
- Relevant degree / diploma and/or experience working in adolescent residential care or vocational training programs
- Experience in providing vocational education and training or trade experience
- Ability to communicate with adolescents who may be experiencing mental health issues
- Understanding of duty of care
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Evidence of Covid 19 Vaccination
- Current First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description Vocational Trades Trainer 2021 PD.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.