- Lead a geographically dispersed team across Darwin and Broader Northern Territory
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Located in Darwin with travel across the Territory as required
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us.
Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Regional Leader will manage and lead a team of 25 multidisciplinary services spread across the Northern Territory with locations including Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs and have an approximate staff of 100 amazing staff across the Territory. The Regional Leader is the most senior Mission Australia officer in the Territory and will have the responsibility for leading the internal operations of the team as well as establishing and maintaining high level external stakeholder relations.
Success in this role can be found by balancing the need for strategic Vs operational focus needing agility to move between both.
Our programs address critical community need and focus on Homelessness, Alcohol and Drug Support, Mental Health Support, Youth at Risk and Justice Services. Your role will be to empower and grow the capacity of your team ensuring they provide high quality and compliant services to all communities across the Territory.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and develop your team with a focus on continuous improvement in quality and performance
- Work closely with leadership in the Territory to drive strategic direction, operational excellence and compliance.
- Manage contract negotiations and ensure contract commitments are delivered in line with funders requirements
- Provide high level reporting and manipulating data
- Contributing to tenders and effective coordination of budgets
- Build and maintain relationships across the community including funders, partners and other peak bodies across the region.
- Demonstrate leadership across the Territory through empowering and growing the capacity of teams
- Work with the region’s leadership and HR teams to design and implement workforce planning initiatives
- Manage and minimise all areas of risk including safely, compliance and contract requirements.
Requirements for Success
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing teams across regional and remote locations
- Demonstrated experience in growing the capacity of teams to increase engagement and build performance.
- Strong capability in managing large budgets from multiple funding sources.
- Ideally demonstrated experience from the public sector, Community services or NGO industry
- Ability to build effective stakeholder relationships, including community, not for profit, government and corporate stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with existing systems and processes and complete reporting and written communication required for this role.
- Demonstrated commitment to community and social outcomes and a personal alignment with the culture and values of Mission Australia
- Ideally a Tertiary qualification in community services or similar related industry however not essential
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the PD - Regional Leader NT.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.