- Permanent Full Time
- Location: Redfern Surry Hills
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
We are seeking a casual employee who will provide personal care and compassion to the Age Care residents with challenging behaviours and/or a mental illness.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide personal care and support to our aged residents
- Assist with various activities of daily living
- Administer medication to residents from Webster packs
- Document all progress notes and keep accurate records
- Observe the condition/health/wellbeing of residents, reporting any concerns to the RN/CNS
Requirements for Success
- Ability to work independently and also be able to work in a team
- Have previous experience working with clients with challenging behaviours and/or mental health issues
- Hold a Certificate IV in Aged Care (Medication Administration) or higher
- A certificate in Mental Health would be high regarded but is not essential
- Understanding of WHS and infection control principles.
- Experience in aged care and/or mental health or comparable.
- First aid certificate (desirable)
- Flu and Covid vaccination (minimum1st dose) is mandatory
- NDIS Workers Screen clearance (or the willingness to obtain one)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications, referee checks and NDIS.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Care and Wellness Assistant L4 - Reviewed.docx
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.