Job no: 988101
Work type: Max Term (Full Time)
Categories: MA Housing
- Full Time, 12 months max term contract
- Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Successfully deliver client, tenancy and property management services in identified MAH Regions, including existing and future projects. The role is responsible for monitoring the operations of the business in the region, reporting on the operational performance, training and developing staff, reviewing operational policies and procedures and developing and exploring new business opportunities and partnerships.
The position must provide guidance, support, collaboration and co-operation to the asset, community development, services and stakeholder engagement teams of MA and MAH as well as external stakeholders including Local and State Government.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify opportunities, trends and develop strategies
- Provide support and supervision to housing operations team and other MAH teams as required
- Prepare a range of reports in regard to the running of the service including tenancy inspections and rental arrears
- Ensure housing operations team/s are meeting benchmarks
- Identify staff development needs and respond as appropriate
- Action oriented and takes accountability to achieve results in line with set timeframes
- Effective communication and active listening skills, demonstrating the ability to present information, decision and reasons confidently, clearly and concisely selecting the appropriate medium
Requirements for Success
- Previous operational management experience in similar field
- Experience leading a team
- Extensive experience in community or public housing sector
- Current State Driver’s License
- Competent in using computer packages such as Office 2000 including Word, Excel and Power-Point.
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to gain it
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the PD - Regional Manager_Housing Services 2021.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.