- Full Time, Max Term Contract – 30 June 2022 with possible extension
- Location: Bankstown
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of young Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Canterbury Bankstown Youth Service (CBYS) is a Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) that provides various accommodation and support to young people. Residential Case Manager provides intensive Case Management support to young people 16 to 21 years of age who are homeless and have complex issues to make positive life changes. You will be passionate to work with young people with challenging behaviours resulted from neglect, AOD or MH issues.
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services and conduct formal assessments
- Undertake initial registrations for clients, including all necessary paperwork and application forms
- Provide evidence-informed, case management sessions that are person-centred
- Work with clients to create holistic and strength-based individualised support plans
- Attend and participate in network and external agency co case meetings that strengthen the delivery of service for CBYS clients
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence or other services
- 2 year Diploma in Social Welfare (or higher) or relevant industry experience
- Case Management Experience Working with young people with complex needs
- Understanding of Mental Health challenges experienced by young people
- Demonstrated experience of trauma informed practice
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of team to provide positive outcomes
- Demonstrated professional approach to maintaining clear and consistent boundaries
- Strong communication to assist in functional day to day support of clients
- High level of record keeping and administrative skills
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to gain this
- Satisfactory Criminal record Check
- Covid vaccination (minimum1st dose) is mandatory
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via RESIDENTIAL CASE MANAGER- Bankstown.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.