- Full Time, Max term until 30 December 2022
- Location: Elizabeth, 5112
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Mission Australia is looking for an experienced Senior FLO Case manager to join the team in Elizabeth. This role will work across NASC, Northern Outreach and Riverland FLO. The senior FLO case manager will be required to lead the teams, provide specialist support, provide professional supervision and support to other Case Managers as well as carry a small caseload.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services
- Under take initial registration and assessments for clients including completing all necessary paper work
- Work with clients to create individualized support plans including referral to supplementary services
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence or other services
- Develop strong internal relationships with clients and other staff to contribute to the effective functioning of the service
- oversee the induction of employees ensuring the new employees Induction Checklist is completed within the first month of employment
Requirements for Success
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Youth Work or Youth Justice, Bachelor of Psychology or Bachelor
- of Social Work
- Holds a current and valid DCSI Working with Children clearance
- Previous experience working in a case management approach within a education or
- employment focused environment, e.g. Youth Connections, Indigenous Youth Careers
- Pathway Program, Youth Specialist Job Services Australia etc
- Has undergone training in providing a Child Safe Environment Reporting Abuse & Neglect and
- Education in Care (Mandatory Notification) CSE RAN-EC
- Experience in working with young people with high and complex needs, and who are at risk
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current driver’s license
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the PD - FLO Senior Case Manager - 2019 .pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.