- Max Term till June 2022 | Part time - 3 days per week
- Locations: Coffs Harbour
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Junaa Buwa Specialises in treating Young People with co-morbid mental health. The purpose of this position is to act as an appropriate role model to Young People in the Junaa Buwa program and support them to learn and engage with others and develop appropriate living skills including budgeting, meal preparation, house cleaning, community outings, general self-care and personal hygiene routines. Additionally, the Residential Youth Workers also support Young People to achieve their identified casework goals in collaboration with other staff.
- Support the progress of residents towards the achievement of their casework goals
- Establish positive relationships with residents
- Provide education and guidance to residents on meal preparation and food handling
- Provide regular night checks and behavioural reports on residents
- Ensure the efficient maintenance of client records and administration
- Ability to work shifts including weekends, holidays and some nights
- knowledge and understanding of adolescent mental health issues
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Current driver’s license
- Senior First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via RESIDENTIAL YOUTH WORKER - MTPT.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.