- Max Term- 6 months with possible extension | Part Time – 16 hours over 3 days a week
- Location: National Office – Sydney CBD or Flexible work location/Work from home
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
You will liaise with tender sponsors, enable internal and external stakeholders, coordinate subject matter experts, conduct research, project-manage inputs, manage reviews (bronze, silver and gold), facilitate interactions with finance, write tenders, grants and proposals and submit all content on deadline for Mission Australia
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Read tender requirements and details and understand Funder objectives and drivers.
- Write tenders, grants and/or proposals to a high standard addressing Funder objectives and following MA format and style guide.
- Maintain systems, processes, spreadsheets, databases and workspaces.
- Coordinate and drive mandatory peer and service delivery reviews (prior to submission on deadline.
- Ensure all tenders adhere to the decisions made at the Opportunity Assessment Meeting.
- Conduct research on demographic information and evidence-based service delivery to support tenders.
- Undertake research and identify evidence and data to support service model and tender.
Requirements for Success
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in tender writing.
- Undergraduate qualification in relevant discipline (preferred).
- Proven excellent writing and analytical skills including the preparation of tenders and reports.
- Understanding of issues in community services sector.
- Demonstrated record in successful submission of funding applications.
- Highly skilled in using relevant software applications.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in:
- Project coordination.
- Research including qualitative and quantitate methods, data analysis and reporting.
- Working to a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Managing and meeting deadlines.
- Operating within guidelines and direction with minimal supervision and using initiative.
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability to foster constructive relationships with
internal and external stakeholders.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Tender and Submission Officer - Fixed term part-time.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.