- Part time – 19 hours p/w – Max Term 30/06/2022
- Location: Murray Bridge or Berri (with regular travel across the Riverland and Murraylands required)
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Community Engagement Facilitator role exists to engage the broader service system, community members and Mission Australia Services in identifying, analysing and reporting on the barriers to access and actions taken to improve access and inclusion, and building on existing strengths, locate solutions to strengthen local communities. This role is responsible for coordination and facilitation of all aspects of the Community Capacity Building Plan and coordination of the Community Engagement and Awareness Plan
Other key responsibilities will include:
· Identify key community groups, service providers and sectors that should be targeted for community engagement and capacity building activities
· Build connections to the community that may be useful to build community economic and social opportunities for people with disability
· Map Mission Australia’s service contribution to improving access and inclusion throughout the project implementation
· Record the measurements of community wellbeing, and the impact of the capacity building plan over time in an accurate and timely manner
· Complete a range of other administrative duties as required for the efficient delivery and facilitation of the CCBP, Local Area Coordination activities and other engagement activities including but not limited to statistics, reports, sourcing approved promotional material, and record keeping.
Requirements for success
· Qualification in allied health profession, social work, disability, community services, community development or equivalent
· 2-5 years’ experience in community services, disability sector or allied health sector. Experience in project management, relationship management, and management of workflow.
· Knowledge of the community services sector, including in the delivery of services where deep, concentrated and persistent disadvantage exists
· Experience in service sector engagement and networking
· Experience in engaging with, and mobilising communities
· Excellent analytical, networking and interpersonal skills
· Experience in implementing Community Development approaches
· Lived experience of disability encouraged
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia. If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via LAC Community Engagment Facilitator Position Description.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence immediately. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.