- Location: Eastwood and North Ryde
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
We are seeking a passionate Community Service Worker to join our team as a casual from August 2021.
This is a challenging yet rewarding position, as you will be assisting consumers to readjust to living within the community, who after long periods of admission in mental health inpatient units or similar institutions, require stable housing and heightened support as they work towards their individual recovery goals and independence.
HASI Plus operates 24/7 and you need to have good availability across the week to work variable hours and days including weekends and active night shifts as well as the ability to be called in at short notice. Generous shift penalties apply and we strive to support a good work/life balance.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide ongoing recovery orientated care coordination with consumers;
- Support and empower consumers to undertake daily living skills, budgeting and medication management;
- Work alongside consumers to create individualised support plans that are in line with consumer’s personal goals and needs;
- Create and update individual consumer files, notes and reports as required;
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including family/supports of consumers, service partners and government agencies;
- Contribute to the effective functioning and development of HASI Plus through involvement in projects, contribution to team forums and training and development;
Requirements for Success
- Working towards a relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology and/or completion of Cert IV in Mental Health
- Understanding of the recovery orientated principles and framework, as well as psycho-social rehabilitation;
- Knowledge of the mental health system and how to best support people with mental illness;
- A valid NSW driver’s license.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Community Service Worker PD Casual - Eastwood.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 25-Aug-2021 Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.