- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Location: Multiple roles available at Noarlunga or Clovelly Park
- Full-Time – Max Term to 30/06/2022
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
As a Local Area Coordinator, you will work in partnership with the NDIA to connect with people with disability seeking to or continuing access with the NDIS. You will get an understanding of their needs, wants and goals and with that information, build a funding plan in line with the NDIA requirements.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct meetings with NDIS participants, families and their carers
- Prepare an NDIS plan for each participant to support the achievement of meeting their goals and aspirations
- Provide information to participants, families and carers about the scheme and how to connect with providers
- Answer questions from people with disability, families and the community about the NDIS
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- NDIS Worker Screen clearance (or the willingness to obtain one)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Participant centric approach with the ability to explain complex information
- Strong administration skills and the ability to prepare reports and documentation
- The ability to work in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to use computer-based management and recording systems
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Valid Driver’s License to use Mission Australia pool vehicle to travel to clients.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia. If you need support to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via LAC PD.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence immediately. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.