Job no: 987964
Work type: Permanent (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Permanent Full Time | 38 hours per week
- Location: Walgett NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Homelessness & Housing Support Service provides support and crisis accommodation to young people, adult men and women, and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, including those escaping domestic and family violence.
You will support service staff and management in the delivery of the program, ensuring effective outcomes for clients, in particular the provision of services to those who face homelessness and other related issues.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Actively participate in case management to overcome challenging issues;
- Create individualised support plans including the assessment of physical, financial, emotional and accommodation needs of the client;
- Liaise with the Support Services to enable the necessary support and referral of clients;
- Provide intervention support to clients and case workers where there is a breakdown;
- Provides supervision for support staff;
- Monitor and support the progress of caseloads to ensure effective case management.
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in case management or the human services industry
- Knowledge and experience working with client issues relating to homelessness including domestic violence, substance abuse and mental health
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas: assessments, case planning and case management.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the PD SHS Residential Coordinator.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close Friday 27th August – for further information please contact Kellie Maxwell on 0427 278 631.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.