- Full time contract until 30 June 2022 | 38 hours per week
- Location: Wagga Wagga | Eastern Murrumbidgee Youth Service
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Eastern Murrumbidgee Youth Service supports young people aged 16-25 who are experiencing, or are at risk of homelessness. The service provides a range of interventions and supports including case management, education and employment guidance, supported crisis and transitional accommodation, housing assistance, information and advice, skills development, supported referral and access to counselling.
You will be delivering intensive case management support to young people in addressing and eliminating their risks of homelessness.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals and conduct intake processes in a timely manner
- Deliver intensive case management supports to a case load of young people
- Develop comprehensive case plans with your young clients
- Attend outreach programs where required
- Regularly review individualised case plans for each client
- Identify and raise any potential improvements in service provision
- Record and submit accurate and appropriately detailed information
- Attend and actively participate in program-specific training and courses
Requirements for Success
- Relevant qualifications (Cert IV or Diploma) or equivalent experience
- A genuine interest in working with vulnerable members of the community
- Experience and knowledge of working with youth and homelessness support
- Familiarity to the Wagga Wagga area and its surrounds and the services available
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Actively support MA’s Reconciliation Action Plan and demonstrate the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to travel between locations and provide outreach support to clients
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description EMYS Case Manager L3 (1).pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday 23 June 2021, applications will be reviewed prior to closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.