- Full Time - Permanent
- Location: South Hedland
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Officer to join Mission Australia on a full time basis until June 2022 with a possibility of extension.
In this role you will be the first point of contact for both clients and visitors, face-to-face and over the phone and ensuring the efficient running of the South Hedland Office.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the reception/front office area, taking calls, handling enquiries and greeting guests
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager as requested, including filing and organisation of information/document control
- Management of local accounts payable function: invoicing, expenses, balancing petty cash
- Booking and coordinating meeting rooms and pool vehicles
- Arrange bookings/appointments with participants
- Liaising with Property Management to ensure repairs and maintenance of office
- Process procurement and stationery orders
- General adhoc administration tasks
Requirements for Success
- High level of customer service skills (written & verbal) and ability to adapt communication to customer needs
- Demonstrated solutions focused thinking and problem solving;
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Suite, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to engage and work with ATSI and CALD Communities
- Time Management & Organisational Skills
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description here: Administration Officer South Hedland.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 11th August 2021. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.