- Permanent Full time | Travel required in Illawarra Southern NSW area
- Location: Wollongong NSW| Gamble Aware & Financial Counselling
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and regular supervision of a small team of 9 counsellors and community coordinators, over the two programs listed below.
GambleAware’s purpose is to work towards zero gambling-related harm in NSW through research, education and support for individuals and communities. There will be therapeutic interventions, community education and counselling to Individuals, Couples, Families and Groups.
The Program Manager will hold key responsibility for the implementation, review and update of the Clinical Service Plan in Illawarra and Southern NSW, supported by the Area Manager. This will include overarching responsibility for ensuring compliance with the GambleAware contract, including the Quality Standards, Service Delivery Plan, Clinical Service Plan, and Data Collection and Reporting
Financial Counselling aims to result in a client’s financial problem/s being partially or fully resolved; a client being able to make informed decisions on the best course of action to resolve their financial difficulties; and/or a client’s improved ability to manage their financial affairs in the future.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Service commitments are delivered and positive client outcomes are achieved
- Lead and provide guidance the team in the delivery of the programs requirements to clients
- Conduct regular site visits across the Illawarra Southern NSW area to support the team & program
- Conduct supervision and support to current employee workforce
- Develop and maintains relationships with other key internal stakeholders
- Identify and support staff training and development needs
- Review work health and safety measures and ensure procedures are being followed
Requirements for Success
- Ability to lead and manage teams in a complex service delivery setting
- Relevant degree with experience or diploma with substantial experience
- Ability to deliver service outcomes in compliance with funding requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous experience in budget and financial management
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Program Manager Level 1 - PD Gamble Aware.docx For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.