- Max Term- 6 months (with possible extension) | Part Time – 16 hours a week
- Location: National Office – Sydney CBD | Flexible work location
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be liaise with tender sponsors, enable internal and external stakeholders, coordinate subject matter experts, conduct research, project-manage inputs, manage reviews (bronze, silver and gold), facilitate interactions with finance, write tenders, grants and proposals and submit all content on deadline for Mission Australia
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Read tender requirements and details and understand Funder objectives and drivers.
- Write tenders, grants and/or proposals to a high standard addressing Funder objectives and following MA format and style guide.
- Maintain systems, processes, spreadsheets, databases and workspaces.
- Coordinate and drive mandatory peer and service delivery reviews (prior to submission on deadline.
- Ensure all tenders adhere to the decisions made at the Opportunity Assessment Meeting.
- Conduct research on demographic information and evidence-based service delivery to support tenders.
- Undertake research and identify evidence and data to support service model and tender.
Requirements for Success
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in tender writing.
- Undergraduate qualification in relevant discipline (preferred).
- Proven excellent writing and analytical skills including the preparation of tenders and reports.
- Understanding of issues in community services sector.
- Demonstrated record in successful submission of funding applications.
- Highly skilled in using relevant software applications.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in:
- Project coordination.
- Research including qualitative and quantitate methods, data analysis and reporting.
- Working to a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Managing and meeting deadlines.
- Operating within guidelines and direction with minimal supervision and using initiative.
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability to foster constructive relationships with
internal and external stakeholders.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today. To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Tender and Submission Officer- Sydney CBD.docx
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 23-Jun-2021. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.