- Full Time, Permanent
- Location: Darwin
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We currently have two Program Manager opportunities for our homeless services and tenancy support programs in Darwin. The Program Manager is responsible for leading, managing and developing the team to deliver contracted services to a high standard
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Utilise your knowledge to provide support and advice to Case Workers
- Review team capabilities and provide training opportunities to develop staff
- Prepare accurate reports as requested to support program outcomes
- Conduct regular case reviews to support best practice
- Provide support to vulnerable clients and advocate for community engagement
- Contribute to the on-going development and improvement of the service
- Coordinate staff meetings and development activities for the team
- Provide timely and accurate reports on the service to the Area Manager
Requirements for Success
- Relevant degree or qualification and related experience working with complex clients and community engagement
- A genuine passion for community services and supporting the local community
- Experience in providing staff supervision of a service delivery team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver service outcomes in compliance with funding requirements
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Current NT Drivers Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.