- Full time contract until June 2022 | 38 hours per week
- Location: Sawtell | Outreach in Coffs Harbour/Nambucca area
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The transition coordinator will provide direct support to participants with sever and persistent mental health issues to assist them to navigate and coordinate their recovery, goals and to access the required supports and services. The role will focus on supporting participants to prepare documents for the The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate individual and small groups capacity building activities to improve participant interpersonal connections to others in social settings
- Assist NPS participants to undertake activities and attend appointments related to preparation of, and evidence gathering for, NDIS applications
- Promote participant independence including developing capacity to self-manage and access required supports independently
- Maintain the necessary reporting and information provision to management
- Contribute to the completion of all required internal and external reports relating to participants and the program
Requirements for Success
- Relevant Qualifications and/or extensive experience in a similar community services role
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training programs under the direction of a senior employee
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, including proficient administrative skills and use of technology
- A positive and person-centred approach to working with vulnerable members of the community
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Transition Coordinator.docx. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Monday 21 June 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.