- Permanent Full Time |35 hours per week
- Located in Sydney CBD | Working from home initially
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be joining a team that is focused on supporting employment services programs, which prepare vulnerable people for participation in the workforce and assist them to obtain and sustain employment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the administration and supporting the relationship of national government funder contracts for service delivery. This role will also support, lead and drive performance initiatives, compliance activities to ensure contractual and service obligations are met for those contracts in Mission Australia’s (MA) delivery of services.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Complete regular auditing of policies and guidelines relating to program performance
- Action and respond to incoming funder requests in a timely manner
- Communicate changes in obligation or requirements of variations to Program Manager’s
- Coordination of communication, compliance, and performance monitoring tasks
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Participate in any relevant training, events and meetings as it relates to the role
Requirements for Success
- Experience in employment services and/or in community services
- Relevant Qualifications in community or employment sector is highly desirable
- Proven ability to build strong, respectful relationships with all related stakeholders
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts as well as evaluate business practice and performance data
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description PD Compliance and Audit (EPSSO).pdf For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Friday 25 June 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.