- Permanent Full time
- Location: Hurstville and Botany
- Opportunity to help the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Located in Hurville and East Metro Sydney region, the ParentsNext program helps parents with children under school age, to plan and prepare for future study or work.
You will support and assistance parents by setting future education and employment goals and addressing their barriers to employment. You will be a highly organised and efficient individual who enjoys supporting parents.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with participants to identify activities that will help them to reach their education and employment goals
- Manage appointments, data entry and respond to calls and emails
- Undertake reviews of plans and respond to any changing requirements
- Develop community networks to refer clients and to suitable local services
- Complete administration tasks accurately as per MA policies and procedures
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety compliance requirements
Requirements for Success
- Passion to engage with parents to help them identify and reach their education and employment goals
- Ability to network and keep up to date with local services that can assist participants with addressing barriers to employment
- Exceptional time management, administrative and computer literacy skills
- Strong experience with performing administration tasks on time and with accuracy
- Ideally experience working in Employment Services
- Good working experience with MS office and CRM system.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PN Pathway Support Worker - Hurstville.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 23-Jun-2021. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.