Case Manager - Reconnect
Job no: 987632
Work type: Permanent (Part Time)
Categories: Community Services, Education, Health Services - Psychologists & Counselling, MA Housing, Warehouse & Trades, Retail & Hospitality
- Fixed Term (24 months) - Part Time or Full Time
- Location: Mandurah
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Reconnect is a federally funded community-based program supporting young people between 12 - 18 who are experiencing homelessness/ at risk of becoming homeless or experiencing family conflict, living in the Peel Region.
This role will support and assist young people aged 12 – 18 years and their families through an integrated case management approach, including the provision of informal counselling, advocacy and other supports, on an individual basis to prevent youth homelessness.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of individuals and or families from internal and external services including young people, schools, families, other services and conduct initial assessments of suitability for support
- Undertake formal face-to-face assessments of clients, including all necessary paperwork using the approved assessment tools
- Develop strong relationships with key external stakeholders including other service providers, and community service workers to assist in the receipt of information and referral of clients
- Actively participate in local networks and forums to promote the program across all appropriate service providers in the region
- Undertake a range of case management duties to support the development of clients including referrals and support letter, interaction with other service providers, appointment setting and advocacy internally and externally
- Work with clients to create individual support plans including referral to supplementary services as needed
Requirements for Success
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science or Community Services is highly desirable or a minimum of six years’ experience in a similar role
- Driver’s License
- A comprehensive understanding of issues impacting vulnerable and disadvantaged young people
- Experience working with parents of disengaged young people
- High level of computer skills in Windows environment
- Demonstrated experience in case management processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Satisfactory criminal record check and Working with Children check
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the position description here: Case Manager Reconnect.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
“Applications are shortlisted as they are received." Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.