- Permanent Part-time 30.4 Hr
- Dubbo, Nyngan and Walgett NSW | Local travel required
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Insert video link:
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Central North Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (WDVCAS) assists women and children who have experienced or who are experiencing domestic violence to obtain effective legal protection from NSW Local Courts through applications for Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVOs). They also facilitate access to a network of professional services to assist with the legal and social welfare needs of clients. The WDVCAS delivers assistance in Bourke, Brewarrina, Nyngan, Cobar, Lightning Ridge & Walgett courts.
You will be an escalation point for the team, support the Program Manager and provide supervision to staff.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct supervision support to the team and provide advice
- Maintain accurate and up to date administrative records and reporting
- Provide relevant repots to the Program Manager as required
- Promote awareness or the program and act as an advocate
- Ensure high performance of the program through effective systems and processes
- Maintaining strong working relationships with key WDVCAS partners
- Build community awareness and education to Domestic & Family Violence
- Offer training and development to staff to improve their ability to support
- Attending Court and Court Support
Requirements for Success
- Relevant degree / qualification or industry experience
- Ability to deliver service outcomes in compliance with funding requirements
- Experience in staff supervision of a similar Service Delivery team
- Understanding of Domestic & Family Violence, its complexities and consequences, particularly as they affect Aboriginal women and children, and sensitivity to their needs
- Knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice response to Domestic Violence including ADVO applications and criminal prosecutions and related legal matters
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience in budget and financial management
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.