Job no: 987609
Work type: Max Term (Full Time), Max Term (Part Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Full Time, part time or casual opportunities
- Location: Dubbo and Far West NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Manin’ Up, a registered Men's Behaviour Change Program, aims to help men understand the impact that their behaviour has on women and children, working with men to break the to break the cycle of violence by giving them skills to manage in situations that in the past would have seen them resort to violence or abuse.
The program helps men to identify their abuse, manage their emotions, and understand their beliefs and attitudes about relationships and families. The program also provides support to men on respect and parenting after violence.
The Manin’ Up Program is unique in Western NSW and working on this innovative program will provide the Program Facilitator with the opportunity to be at the forefront in helping to change the behaviours of men who have committed violence within intimate partner relationships.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver registered men’s behaviour change programs in both group and individual settings
- Conduct thorough and robust assessments of family violence and risk factors; creating individualised support plans
- Liaise with the Department of Justice, Police, Courts and other support services as required
- Work alongside the Partner Case Worker to ensure the safety of women and children
Requirements for Success
- Experience working in the community service sector, particularly with DV or Justice and a thorough understanding of the impacts of DV
- Experience in the delivery of group based intervention programs
- Tertiary qualifications (Cert IV or above) in Community Services or Mental Health (highly desirable)
- Interviewing skills and experience in the use of Motivational Interactions (favourable)
- Good communications skills both written and spoken
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the MBCP Program Facilitator.pdf . We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.