- Perm – Full Time
- Location: Rokeby, Tas
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a national Christian charity that has been standing alongside Australians in need since 1859. Our vision is for an Australia where all of us have a safe home and can thrive.
We deliver homelessness crisis and prevention services, provide social and affordable housing, assist struggling families and children, address mental health issues, fight substance dependencies, support people with disability and much more.
Given the right support, we believe everyone can reach their full potential. That’s why we stand together with Australians in need, for as long as they need us.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Mission Australia Housing is part of the Mission Australia Group and is a national Tier 1 Community Housing Provider striving to build better homes in vibrant communities.
Mission Australia Housing needs an energetic and strategic community focused leader to join the Regional Housing Team in Tasmania. A new role, the Community Development Manager will form part of Tasmania’s Regional Team working closely with Housing’s Regional Manager and Asset Manager, and will report to Housing’s National Manager, Community Development based in Sydney. Working together and with the community, this role will strive to build the capacity of the community through Mission Australia’s unique model of community development – Strengthening Communities within a community housing context.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work with residents, their surrounding community and internal and external stakeholders to apply a high level of knowledge and skills to achieve results in delivering community development
- Implement a range of community development programs across Mission Australia’s Housing portfolio in Tasmania
- Develop, deliver, and report on an annual budget to support the plan
- Support residents to build skills, develop leadership and increase knowledge
- Plan and facilitate ongoing opportunities for all residents to engage with each other respectfully and meaningfully on their housing journey to independence
- Develop a strategic plan for partnerships in line with Mission Australia’s Partnership and Strengthening Communities Framework
Requirements for Success
- Commitment of working towards Mission Australia’s strategic directions of Ending Homelessness and Strengthening Communities within a community housing context
- Can demonstrate innovation in addressing Mission Australia Housing’s national aim of delivering better homes in vibrant communities by setting tenants, staff and stakeholders up for success
- Thorough understanding of the community housing sector and operations
- Exceptional planning and development expertise
- High level project management and accountability skills
- Strategic stakeholder partnership development and management, including with government
- Can strategically work with others to maximise community resources of mutual benefit
- High level measurement and evaluation knowledge and experience
- High level reporting and benchmarking experience against KPIs
- Able to lead and manage a high performing community development team with 2 direct reports
- Exceptional skills working collaboratively through an Integrated Service Delivery framework that includes all Housing Services of the Regional Team in Tasmania
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
Mission Australia’s innovative and supportive values-based culture will ensure you feel rewarded as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
- Our range of employee benefits includes:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel and health insurance and major retailers
- Free access to external, confidential counselling services and support from Mission Australia chaplains.
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Community Development Manager TAS 2021.docx. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Sunday 27 June 2021 but please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to the close date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.