- Permanent part time 3 days per week (work arrangements flexible)
- Location: Sydney/Melbourne (flexible location)| Initially WFH
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be joining Mission Australia’s Centre for Evidence and Insights, a multi-disciplinary team that that inspires curiosity for evidence that leads to action. In this role you will be responsible for contributing to the dissemination and application of the Impact Measurement and Evaluation Strategy across the organisation that empowers learning and action. Reporting to the Impact Measurement and Evaluation Manager, in a senior role you will provide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning expertise across the organisation with a focus on quantitative analysis and reporting.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the design and delivery of high-quality Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Frameworks (process and outcomes) and other evaluation projects
- Undertake quantitative and statistical analysis of multiple data sources to answer key evaluation questions and demonstrate credible evidence of impact
- Provide an expert contribution to the development and implementation of quantitative quality assurance processes and standards
- Contribute to the development of an evaluation capacity building strategy to support staff to effectively use evaluation and data insights
- Contribute to the design and implementation of analysis, evaluation and reporting frameworks that lead to contribute to improved client and business outcomes and impact
- Apply your skills, knowledge and experience within the cross-functional team to enable creative thinking and problem solving in a collaborative multi-disciplinary manner
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in evaluation, human sciences, research or related field
- Proven expert experience in designing and implementing all stages of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning projects
- Demonstrated experience using mixed methods evaluation designs, with specialist skills in quantitative data analysis involving large data sets and statistical software (i.e. SPSS)
- Experience using evaluation synthesis methodologies to draw evaluative conclusions about the merit, worth or significance of a program
- Extensive experience in building the capacity of client-facing workers to participate in, use and apply evaluation insights to improve their own work, including approaches that involve client participation
- Proven ability to communicate complex information, in a simple yet compelling way
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Evaluation Specialist PD.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Monday 21 June 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.