Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) works to support people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the support they need throughout their lives.
The NDIS provides a number of ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC). For more information, please visit www.ndia.com.au
In this role you will work alongside children 0-6 years with a disability or developmental delay and their family/carers to undertake assessments and develop and implement interventions that build on the strengths of the child and their families to improve the child’s trajectory and overall quality of life.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting formal and informal assessments including developmental screening required by the NDIS
- Plan and implement initial supports to families using a trans-disciplinary approach including short term and group based therapy programs
- Review and approve short term early intervention plans developed by ECEI Coordinators
- Be guided by evidence based, best practice approaches within the Statement of Requirements as set out by the National Disability Insurance Agency
- Assist children, families, carers and community with information to further understand what the NDIS is and how it applies to them
- Build capacity of children, families and carers to identify their goals, strengths and needs, and plan for their future
- Assist the individual or nominated contact to develop, implement, review and monitor their NDIS plans
- Provide information and advice where individuals are seeking to establish self- managed support arrangements
- Empower children with developmental delay or disability, their families and carers to build and pursue their goals, exercise choice and control and engage with the Scheme
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy/Speech Pathology/Physiotherapy/Psychology degree
- Registered, or eligible for registration, in accordance with the professional association
- Comprehensive understanding of the Disability, Child, Youth and Family Services sector, including Child Protection, the requirements of the Disability Services Act 2011, and the Children, Young Persons and their Families Act 1997, National Disability Insurance Scheme, personalization, Human Rights and Citizenship for people with a disability
- Experience working in Early Childhood and/or Disability Sector
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining professional boundaries while engaging in person-and family centred work
- Experience for working with ATSI and CALD Communities
- Experience in Paediatric health is desirable, as is knowledge of community networks, formal and informal supports, and early childhood providers in the region.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the position description here: ECEI - Allied Health Specialist.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.