- Full-Time or Part-Time Permanent Position
- A background in Allied Health or Special Education
- Work alongside community groups to build inclusion in Cairns
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Early Childhood Intervention Specialist role will work alongside families and their children 0-6yrs with developmental delay and/or disability. In this role you will have the opportunity to work together with the ECEI team in providing evidence based, family centred specialised supports.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting assessments in consultation with ECEI coordinators
- Implementing Family Support plans in group or individual basis
- Providing advice on community services and supports that are available; facilitate referrals and introductions
- Engaging and upskilling staff as well as the broader community on their specialised expertise in child development
- Work directly with mainstream providers and community groups to drive inclusion
- Work within the Statement of requirements set out by the NDIA
Requirements for Success
With a significant background in the child, youth and family and/or disability sectors, you will be confident in your assessment processes and intervention implementation skills. Other requirements include:
- Qualifications in Allied Health and Special Education
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Principle for Child Safe Organisations
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in the Disability, Child, Youth and Family Services sector
- Comprehensive knowledge of child development delays and/or disability
- Exceptional communicational skills and the ability to establish and build rapport, engage and influence stakeholders
- Strong administration skills and experience in the use of databases; online portals and other software
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills
- Current unrestricted QLD Drivers Licence
Before starting work with us, you will be required to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Accesspay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.