- Full time contract until December 2022 | 38 hours per week
- Location: Goulburn NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Goulburn and Queanbeyan Sustaining Tenancy Program supports residents in social housing across Queanbeyan and Goulburn who are at risk of losing their tenancy. The program aims to build opportunity, strengthen communities and improve client outcomes and livability to help sustain local social housing tenancies.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Complete phone or formal face to face assessments to determine suitability of support
- Provide holistic and strength-based individualised case plans utilising SMART goals
- Conduct a review of the clients need for referral/s to supplementary services
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to sustain tenancies
- Engage with the community through the creation and delivery of community events
- Deliver training programs which support the practical needs of the clients
- Assist the Program Manager and staff in addressing complex cases or emergencies
- Complete a range of administrative duties for the efficient running of the service
Requirements for Success
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in Community Services, Social Work, Drug and Alcohol, Mental Health or other related discipline
- Experience in the community service sector and developing complex case plans
- Good understanding of the challenges and difficulties in the social housing sector
- Proven experience in building rapport/relationships quickly
- Demonstrated professional approach including maintaining professional boundaries
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Tenancy Support Caseworker.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.