- Max term Full time contract till April 2022
- Located in Kings Cross
- Make a difference by assisting our youth to find employment
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Support clients and other staff in the provision of welfare support, in particular the provision of services to face homelessness and other related issues.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services and conduct over-the-phone and formal face-to-face assessments of suitability for support.
- Undertake initial registrations for clients, including all necessary paperwork and application forms.
- Induct clients into the service including the property, facilities, financials and regulations.
- Provide intensive ongoing case management sessions (formal and informal) with clients and review progression against case plans and provide informal counselling as required.
- Assist IPU clients whilst at the service through brief intervention and referral to suitable services.
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence or other services.
- Conduct group case management sessions for clients where necessary and appropriate such as living skills, budgeting etc
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Social Welfare/Social Science
- Experience in a similar role
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- A current NSW Driver’s License.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details vis AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Case Manager- Kings Cross.docx
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 12-Apr-2021. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.