FDV Outreach Case Manager
Job no: 987312
Work type: Max Term (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services, Education, Health Services - Psychologists & Counselling, Warehouse & Trades, Retail & Hospitality
- Full Time, (Max Term Until June 2022)
- Location: South Hedland
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
As part of the East Pilbara Family Violence (FV) Outreach Case Management Service, you will work in alignment with the values of Mission Australia to provide effective case management and face to face counselling to people experiencing family issues and provide group therapy and education as required.
The position will also be responsible for providing community education and awareness to increase the knowledge of community members of Family Violence and its impact on individuals, families and communities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a regular and pro-active family violence service from South Hedland with outreach to surrounding communities;
- Respond to referrals and conduct assessments using a strengths based approach to determine risk and increase the safety of people experiencing family violence;
- Develop, implement and regularly review person-centred case plans;
- Offer counselling to people experiencing family violence as well as make referrals to specialist services;
- Support people to address other related issues including housing, finance, legal advice, children services as well as health and wellbeing;
- Record case notes and document outcomes accurately, concisely and in a timely manner;
- Submit reports as required;
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to promote the prevention of family violence and increase awareness in local communities.
Requirements for Success
- Relevant experience and/or qualification (or working toward a qualification) in social work, health, human services and/or other social science discipline;
- Experience in engaging with and supporting people who experience family violence;
- Experience and knowledge of Aboriginal cultural systems and protocols;
- Experience working with individuals and families with complex issues and needs;
- Experience and skills in risk assessment, case management, counselling and/or advocacy;
- Ability to create individualised safety plans and keep accurate and up to date records;
- High level of written and verbal communication, administration and computer skills;
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Pool Car
- Work Mobile & Tablet
- Remote Allowances
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description here: FDV Outreach Case Manager.pdf . For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.