- Casual 24x7 Roster
- Location: Alice Springs
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Our transitional housing programs in Alice Springs provide support to people seeking shelter from sleeping rough/ those visiting from remote communities for medical reasons, & people recently released from Alice Springs Correctional Centre. Wraparound support is provided to help people secure long-term, sustainable accommodation.
We currently have number of opportunities available to provide support with Administration, Kitchen Hand, Maintenance and Night Attendance.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Administration: Handling the front office and reception area, including taking phone calls, making accommodation bookings, checking in house guests, managing payment transactions, responding to queries, managing site visitors
- Kitchen Hand: Assist in the preparation, cooking and service of meals for the service. Monitor levels of supplies and the inventory list and ensure a high level of hygiene within the kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintenance: Cleaning, maintaining garden and outdoor areas, mowing lawns, performing basic repairs and responding to any maintenance requests
- Night Attendance: Night shifts are from 7pm-7am. Monitoring the grounds and amenities, ensuring the safety of the tenants and security of assets. Responding to resident emergency through engaging appropriate external or internal services.
Please indicate in your application if you have a preference for a specific role of if you are happy to be considered for all.
Requirements for Success
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Ability to work on a rotating casual roster
- Experience working in the homelessness, mental health and/or community sectors would be advantageous
- Experience working with Aboriginal communities with an understanding and respect for the culture
- Current NT Drivers’ license
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description - Support Worker.docx. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.