- Full Time, Permanent - 38 hours per week
- Location: Albury, NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Brighter Futures Program provides targeted support to vulnerable children and families from 0 - 8 to prevent their issues from escalating. We currently have a vacancy for a skilled case manager to join our dynamic and motivated team.
A component of your role will be providing home visits to families in Albury and surrounding areas. This is a program that makes a real difference in children’s and their families lives. In this rewarding role you will provide targeted support to vulnerable children and families to ensure that children are healthy and safe and families provide safe, nurturing environments.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide intensive case management to families with children between the ages of 0 – 8 years
- Focus on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse
- Support parents to implement strategies and develop the necessary skills and resources
- Deliver sessional, group based and issues focused parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence
- Facilitate access to quality children’s services to assist families to achieve healthy child development
- Work in partnership with DCJ to engage families who are at Risk of Significant Harm
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and/or relevant experience in the human services industry.
- Experience in case management and the delivery of living skills and / or parenting programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children.
- Computer literate in a Windows environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to the close date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.